NETFLIX'S THE CROWN CASTS LADY DIANA SPENCER
- Emma Corrin joins the cast of Netflix original series The Crown Season 4
- Emma Corrin will play Lady Diana Spencer
- Quote from Emma Corrin: “Beyond excited and honoured to be joining The Crown for its fourth season. I have been glued to the show since the first episode and to think I’m now joining this incredibly talented acting family is just surreal. Princess Diana was an icon, and her effect on the world remains profound and inspiring. To be given the chance to explore her through Peter Morgan’s writing is the most exceptional opportunity, and I will strive to do her justice!”
- Quote from creator Peter Morgan: “Emma is a brilliant talent who immediately captivated us when she came in for the part of Diana Spencer. As well as having the innocence and beauty of a young Diana, she also has, in abundance, the range and complexity to portray an extraordinary woman who went from anonymous teenager to becoming the most iconic woman of her generation.”
- The Crown Season 3 will launch in 2019.
Emma Corrin Bio
Best known for her guest role in ITV 1s Grantchester, in 2019 Emma will go on to star as ‘Esme’, a key role in the upcoming 10-part Warner Brothers/EPIX series Pennyworth. Set in 1960s London, Pennyworth chronicles former SAS Soldier Alfred Pennyworth – better known as the butler to Bruce Wayne in the Batmen series. The series follows Alfred’s journey to becoming a security team mastermind, and eventually, the Wayne family’s butler. Emma is also soon to make her debut film appearance as Miss South Africa in Misbehaviour, a historical drama which follows the story of a group of women from the Women’s Liberation Movement seeking to disrupt the 1970 Miss World beauty competition.