NETFLIX PICKS UP SECOND SEASON OF YOU AS A GLOBAL ORIGINAL
- The thrilling drama series YOU will return for a second season as a Netflix global original.
- Season 1 launches on Netflix globally on December 26, 2018.
- Studio: Berlanti Productions, Man Sewing Dinosaur and Alloy Entertainment in association with Warner Horizon Scripted Television
- Executive Producers: Greg Berlanti, Sera Gamble, Sarah Schechter, Leslie Morgenstein, Gina Girolamo, Marcos Siega
- Developed by Sera Gamble & Greg Berlanti, based upon the book by Caroline Kepnes
- Season 1 logline: From executive producers/writers Greg Berlanti and Sera Gamble, and based on Caroline Kepnes’ best-selling novel of the same name, YOU is a 21st century love story about an obsessive, yet brilliant twentysomething who uses the hyper connectivity of today’s technology to make the woman of his dreams fall in love with him. “What would you do for love?” When a brilliant bookstore manager crosses paths with an aspiring writer, his answer becomes clear: anything. Using the Internet and social media as his tools to gather the most intimate of details and get close to her, a charming and awkward crush quickly becomes obsession as he quietly and strategically removes every obstacle — and person — in his way.
- Season 1 stars: Penn Badgley, Elizabeth Lail, Luca Padovan, Zach Cherry and Shay Mitchell; special guest star: John Stamos