Netflix Debuts First Look Images from New Miniseries based on Margaret Atwood novel, Alias Grace
- Alias Grace, the six part miniseries based on the award-winning novel by Margaret Atwood, will stream globally on Netflix outside of Canada in Fall 2017
- Inspired by true events, Alias Grace tells the story of Grace Marks (Sarah Gadon), a young, poor Irish immigrant and domestic servant in Upper Canada who - along with stable hand James McDermott (Kerr Logan) - finds herself accused and convicted of the infamous 1843 murders of her employer, wealthy farmer Thomas Kinnear (Paul Gross), and his housekeeper Nancy Montgomery (Anna Paquin).
- The miniseries is written and produced by Sarah Polley (Take This Waltz, Away from Her) and directed by Mary Harron (American Psycho, I Shot Andy Warhol).
- A Netflix and CBC original production, Alias Grace is produced by Halfire Entertainment. The executive producers are Sarah Polley, Mary Harron and Noreen Halpern. Producing alongside Polley is D.J. Carson.
- The miniseries will debut in Canada on CBC on September 25, 2017.