NETFLIX ANNOUNCES ADDITIONAL CAST OF ORIGINAL COMEDY SERIES SPACE FORCE
Headshots can be found HERE. [Download Only. Please do not post this link externally.]
ABOUT THE SERIES
- Logline: Workplace comedy centered around the people back on Earth tasked with creating a sixth branch of the armed services… Space Force.
- Launch Date: 2020
- Episodes: 10 x 30-minute episodes
- Steve Carell, who co-created the series, stars and executive produces
- Greg Daniels (The Office (U.S.); King of the Hill; Parks and Recreation), is the co-creator of the series and serves as showrunner and executive producer
- Howard Klein/3Arts (The Office (U.S.); The Mindy Project; Parks and Recreation) also serves as executive producer
Series Regular Roles
John Malkovich (New Pope) plays “Dr. Adrian Mallory” - Head Science Advisor, brilliant, arrogant and hoping to prevent space from becoming the next great international battlefield.
Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation, House of Lies) plays “F. Tony Scarapiducci” - A self-centered media consultant whose Machiavellian goals only sometimes line up with those of Mark or Space Force.
Diana Silvers (Booksmart, MA) plays “Erin Naird” - Popular and an A-student in Washington DC, Mark’s daughter is an outcast in Wild Horse Colorado after transferring to a remote military base and turns to delinquency.
Tawny Newsome (Bajillion Dollar Propertie$, Brockmire) plays “Angela Ali” - Helicopter pilot, ambitious and competitive, with secret dreams that she keeps close to the vest.
Recurring Guest Stars
Jimmy O. Yang (Silicon Valley, Crazy Rich Asians) plays “Doctor Chan Kaifang” - Doctor Mallory's right hand man, Chan is a brilliant astrophysicist and rocket engineer who immigrated from China as a teenager and loves all things American, from fly fishing to the Baltimore Orioles.
Alex Sparrow (Unreal, The Vatican Tapes) plays “Yuri ‘Bobby’ Telatovich” - A charming observer from the Russian Government, Yuri is curious about many things in Mark’s life, like his daughter, or the tech specs of the Javelin missile.
Additionally, BAFTA-nominated filmmaker Paul King (Paddington, Paddington 2) has been tapped to direct two episodes of Space Force, including the pilot.
As previously announced, Steve Carell will star in Space Force. He plays “Mark R. Naird,” a General tapped by the White House to lead a new branch of the Armed Forces with the goal of putting American “Boots on the Moon” by 2024.