Netflix and Eric Newman and Bryan Unkeless’ Screen Arcade enter into multi-year deal
Scott Morgan to serve as EVP of new shingle
- Producers Eric Newman and Bryan Unkeless will make Netflix their creative home with their new shingle Screen Arcade for feature films under a multi-year deal, where Netflix gets a first look at any feature film that Newman or Unkeless want to produce
- In addition, Newman and Unkeless have named Scott Morgan as EVP of Screen Arcade. Morgan served as co-producer on the Academy Award nominated I, Tonya.
- Newman and Unkeless produced David Ayer’s Bright for Netflix. The sequel to Bright and Power will be the first films under the new deal.
- Power is a sci-fi script written by Mattson Tomlin and will be directed by Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman
- Quote from Scott Stuber, head of Netflix’s film group: “Bryan and Eric have been amazing partners and are exactly the type of creative talents we want to be in business with. They have great instincts and they love making movies. We had a great experience with them on Bright and are excited to get going on Power and the Bright sequel.”
- Quote from Eric Newman and Bryan Unkeless: “We are thrilled to formalize an already wonderful relationship with one of the most innovative entertainment companies in the world. We love Scott and his team and appreciate their commitment to building the most diverse film slate in the business. No other company out there is making such a wide a range of exciting filmmaker driven content, and we are honored to be their partners.”
BRYAN UNKELESS BIO
Bryan Unkeless most recently produced the three-time Academy Award nominated film I,Tonya, starring Margot Robbie and Allison Janney and directed by Craig Gillespie. His film First Match, which he produced for Netflix, will premiere at SXSW next month. Prior to forming his own venture, Bryan served as a co-producer on “The Hunger Games” franchise, which he shepherded over his nine years at Nina Jacobson’s company, Color Force.
ERIC NEWMAN BIO
Eric Newman is a veteran film and television writer/producer whose film productions include the Academy Award®-nominated Children of Men, Zack Snyder’s reimagining of Dawn of The Dead, The Last Exorcism, and In Time. The deal represents a strengthening of Newman’s relationship with Netflix after having first brought them Hemlock Grove, the service’s second original program produced, and following that up with Netflix’s critically acclaimed, global hit series Narcos, which he conceived, packaged, and brought to the streaming service in 2014 and on which he continues to serve as writer, show-runner, and executive producer.