NETFLIX ADDS TWO NEW ORIGINAL MOTOR SERIES AND RENEWS FASTEST CAR FOR SECOND SEASON
Hollywood, Calif. -- August 14, 2018 -- Car lovers, start your engines! Netflix is adding to its pack of motor programming with two new global original series and a second season of the sleeper-vs.-supercar competition show Fastest Car.
Bela Bajaria, Vice President of Content for Netflix, said: “Netflix drove full-speed into the genre of car culture and competition this year with the debut of Fastest Car, and audiences around the world connected with the compelling stories of these cars and the people who love them. Fueled by that response, we're partnering with best-in-class producers to expand our unscripted programming for motor enthusiasts and novices alike.”
Car Masters: Rust to Riches
What does it take to turn $1000 into $100,000? In Car Masters: Rust To Riches, Mark Towle and his team at Gotham Garage have perfected the upgrade and trade model, using sweat equity and sheer car genius to turn rusty wrecks into six-figure paydays.
- Episodes: 8
- Production Company: MAK Pictures
- Executive Producers: Mark Kadin, Will Ehbrecht, Rob Hammersley, Michael Lutz, John Stokel, Scott Popjes
- The series will launch September 14
Hyperdrive is a high-stakes tournament series where daring drivers from across the globe compete for the glory on one of the largest automotive obstacle courses ever constructed.
- Episodes: 10
- Production Companies: Whalerock Industries, Denver & Delilah Productions
- Showrunner / Executive Producer: Aaron Catling
- Executive Producers: Lloyd Braun, Chris Cowan, Charlize Theron, Beth Kono, AJ Dix
- The series is currently filming in Rochester, NY and will launch in 2019
Fastest Car Season 2
The sleeper-vs.-supercar competition show, Netflix’s first global original motor series, returns for a second season as drivers race toward the final showdown.
- Episodes: 7
- Production Company: Condé Nast Entertainment
- Showrunner / Executive Producer: Jeremy Finn
- Executive Producers: Al Edgington, Joe LaBracio, Scott Weintrob
- The series will go into production later this year and launch in 2019
Previously announced, Netflix is teaming up with Formula 1 on a 10-episode docu-series following the 2018 FIA Formula One World Championship, to be released in 2019. This Netflix original series will be the first to truly immerse the audience inside the cockpits, the paddock and the lives of the key players in Formula 1, granting unparalleled and exclusive access to the world’s fastest drivers, team principals and owners, as well as Formula 1’s own management team. This series will be executive-produced by Academy-Award winner James Gay Rees (Senna) and Paul Martin for Box to Box Films. Sophie Todd will be the showrunner.
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 130 million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
# # #