NETFLIX ACQUIRES NOAH CENTINEO, LAURA MARANO AND CAMILA MENDES STARRER “THE PERFECT DATE” FROM AWESOMENESS FILMS AND ACE ENTERTAINMENT
Laura Marano and Noah Centineo in "The Perfect Date"
Noah Centineo and Camila Mendes in "The Perfect Date"
- Netflix has acquired the global rights to The Perfect Date a new rom-com produced by Awesomeness Films and Ace Entertainment.
- Logline: To raise funds for college, Brooks Rattigan (Noah Centineo) creates a dating app where he’ll "stand in" for non-existent boyfriends. But playing a different character every night of the week leads him to question who he really is … and who he wants to be with.
- Cast: Noah Centineo (To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before, Sierra Burgess is a Loser, Charlie's Angels), Laura Marano (Lady Bird, Austin & Ally), Camila Mendes (Riverdale), Odiseas Georgiadis (Trinkets) and two-time Emmy nominee Matt Walsh (Veep)
- Director: Chris Nelson (My Dead Ex)
- Screenwriters: Steve Bloom, Randall Green
- Producers: Matt Kaplan and John Tomko
- Executive Producers: Jordan Levin, Brett Bouttier, Matthew Signer, Marc Beinstock, Robyn Marshall, Scott Levine, Don Dunn, Steve Bloom, David Blackman
- Co-producers: Jessica Held and Kelsey Jackson
- Awesomeness Films previously partnered with Netflix on 2017’s You Get Me and 2018’s To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before.