NETFLIX ACQUIRES “FYRE”, CHRIS SMITH’S HIGHLY ANTICIPATED DOCUMENTARY FILM ABOUT THE GREATEST PARTY THAT NEVER HAPPENED
Here is the TEASER for download.
- Logline: An exclusive behind the scenes look at the infamous unraveling of the Fyre music festival. Created by Billy McFarland and rapper Ja Rule, Fyre was promoted as a luxury music festival on a private island in the Bahamas featuring bikini-clad supermodels, A-List musical performances and posh amenities. Guests arrived to discover the reality was far from the promises.
- Chris Smith, the director behind the Emmy Award Nominated documentary Jim & Andy: The Great Beyond, gives a first-hand look into disastrous crash of Fyre as told by the organizers themselves.
- The Netflix Original Documentary will be released globally January 18, 2019.
- Written & Directed by: Chris Smith
- Wisconsin-born director Chris Smith is known for independent films that reveal some of the more curious aspects of the “American dream”. Wry, empathetic, and wise, Smith’s films occupy a special niche in contemporary cinema. His directing credits include the Emmy-nominated JIM & ANDY: The Great Beyond Featuring a Very Special, Contractually Obligated Mention of Tony Clifton (2017), AMERICAN MOVIE (1999 Sundance Grand Jury Prize for Documentary), COLLAPSE (2009), THE YES MEN (2003) and THE POOL (2008 Sundance Audience Award), in addition to numerous commercials for US production company Smuggler.
- Produced by: Danny Gabai (VICE Studios), Chris Smith (Library Films) and Mick Purzycki (Jerry Media)
- Executive Producers: Brett Kincaid, Max Pollack, Matthew Rowean, Gabrielle Bluestone, James Ohliger, Elliot Tebele
- Edited By: Jon Karmen, Koehler