Nahnatchka Khan to helm Untitled Ali Wong/Randall Park Film for Netflix
- Nahnatchka Khan will make her feature film directorial debut with the “Untitled Ali Wong/Randall Park Film” for Netflix
- Khan is the Executive Producer and creator of ABC’s hit show Fresh Off the Boat. She previously directed multiple episodes of Fresh Off the Boat and Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23.
- Writers: Ali Wong, Randall Park, Michael Golamco
- Producers: Nathan Kahane (Good Universe), Erin Westerman (Good Universe), Ali Wong, Randall Park
- Executive Producer: Brendan Ferguson
- Co-Producers: Michael Golamco, Brady Fujikawa (Good Universe)
- LOG LINE: Childhood sweethearts have a falling out and don’t speak for 15 years. They reconnect as adults when Sasha, now a celebrity chef opening a restaurant in San Francisco, runs into Marcus, a happily struggling musician still living at home working for his dad. The old sparks are still there but can they adapt to each other’s world?
- The film is scheduled to start shooting in Vancouver and San Francisco in May
- Ali Wong's breakout Netflix stand-up special, Baby Cobra, launched on the service in 2016 to wide acclaim from critics and fans.
About Nahnatchka Khan
Nahnatchka Khan is the television series creator and executive producer of the ABC comedy Fresh Off The Boat, currently in its fourth season. Prior to that, she was the creator and executive producer of Don’t Trust The B---- In Apartment 23, which aired for two seasons on ABC from 2011-2012. Before creating her own series she served as an executive producer on the FOX animated show American Dad!.
About Ali Wong
ALI WONG is a comedian, actress, and writer living in Los Angeles, CA. On Mother's Day 2016, Netflix released her first stand-up special, BABY COBRA which was filmed when she was 7 months pregnant. The special received wide critical acclaim, New York Magazine, said, "The special’s arrival on Netflix is the sort of star-making moment that unites the tastes of the unlikeliest fans.”
Ali is currently shooting ABC’s new sitcom AMERICAN HOUSEWIFE as well as writing on FRESH OFF THE BOAT. Wong has performed on LATE NIGHT WITH SETH MEYERS, THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH JAY LENO, JOHN OLIVER’S NEW YORK STAND-UP SHOW, and COMEDY UNDERGROUND WITH DAVE ATTELL. She has also appeared in Oliver Stone’s SAVAGES and was a series regular on NBC’s ARE YOU THERE CHELSEA? and the ABC drama, BLACK BOX opposite Vanessa Redgrave and Kelly Reilly. Ali makes regular appearances on Chris Hardwick’s late-night game show @MIDNIGHT, and INSIDE AMY SCHUMER.
On September 11, 2016, Wong spoke and walked the runway during New York Fashion Week for Opening Ceremony’s show. She has also joined the cast of Kate Spade's MISS ADVENTURE films. Tickets to see Wong headline live are now known to sell out within two minutes. Ali was recently profiled in The New Yorker by Ariel Levy.
About Randall Park
Randall Park is a series regular on the hit ABC series FRESH OFF THE BOAT. He will next be seen in MGM’s VALLEY GIRL. Randall just wrapped on Marvel’s ANT MAN 2 and Seth Rogen’s FLARSKY. Randall recently sold a feature project to Netflix which he will co-write and star with Ali Wong.
Randall recurs on HBO’s VEEP and has appeared in the feature films THE DISASTER ARTIST, OFFICE CHRISTMAS PARTY, SNATCHED, THE NIGHT BEFORE, TRAINWRECK, THE FIVE-YEAR ENGAGEMENT, DINNER FOR SCHMUCKS, LARRY CROWNE, THE GOOD DOCTOR, and FRAGMENTS. His TV credits include BOJACK HORSEMAN, THE OFFICE, NEW GIRL, CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM, HOUSE, THE MINDY PROJECT, COLD CASE, CSI, RENO 911!, WILD N OUT, and THE SARAH SILVERMAN PROGRAM. In 2010 Randall won a Best Actor Award at NBC’s Short Cuts Film Festival for the short BLUEBERRY, which he also wrote. Randall can also be seen in THEY CAME TOGETHER opposite Paul Rudd, NEIGHBORS opposite Zac Efron, SEX TAPE opposite Jason Segel and THE INTERVIEW opposite Seth Rogen and James Franco.
About Good Universe
GOOD UNIVERSE, a Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) company, is a full-service film financing,
production and sales company. Headed by Nathan Kahane, the company’s upcoming feature slate includes: the SXSW hit Blockers directed by Kay Cannon and starring Leslie Mann, Ike Barinholtz and John Cena which Universal will release on April 6; the comedy Flarsky directed
by Jonathan Levine and starring Charlize Theron and Seth Rogen which Lionsgate will release next February; and the comedy Ibiza directed by Alex Richenbach and starring Gillian Jacobs which Netflix will release this summer. Previous productions include the box office sensation and critically acclaimed Neighbors for Universal and the hit comedy Last Vegas with CBS Films. Along with Ghost House Pictures, the company is producing a new adaptation of the blockbuster supernatural thriller The Grudge directed by Nicolas Pesce and starring Andrea Riseborough, John Cho and Demián Bichir. They also produced Fede Alvarez’s hit thriller Don’t Breathe for Sony.