MÉLANIE LAURENT AND PAYMAN MAADI JOIN MICHAEL BAY’S “6 UNDERGROUND”
- Skydance Media and Netflix announced today that César Award winner Mélanie Laurent (Beginners, Inglorious Bastards) and Payman Maadi (The Night Of, A Separation, 13 Hours) are joining the previously announced ensemble cast to their upcoming original feature film 6 Underground directed by Michael Bay (Transformers) and starring Ryan Reynolds (Deadpool).
- The action film is based on an original idea from writers and executive producers Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick, best known for their irreverent work on Deadpool and Deadpool 2 . Skydance’s David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, and Don Granger will produce 6 Underground along with Bay and Ian Bryce.
- The previously announced ensemble cast to date includes: Corey Hawkins (BlacKkKlansman, 24: Legacy (TV) , Straight Outta Compton), Adria Arjona (Triple Frontier, True Detective (TV) , Pacific Rim Uprising), Manuel Garcia-Rulfo (Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Murder On The Orient Express, The Magnificent Seven), Ben Hardy (X-Men: Apocalypse, upcoming Bohemian Rhapsody) Lior Raz (Fauda, Operation Finale), and Dave Franco (6 Balloons, Neighbors, Now You See Me).
- The film, produced by Skydance and Netflix, will start filming later this month and will be released worldwide on Netflix in 2019.
- This marks the first collaboration between Skydance and Netflix for an event level feature film and the first Netflix project for both Michael Bay and Ryan Reynolds.
- Skydance has a long-standing relationship with Netflix in television where they produce the critically acclaimed and Emmy Nominated series “Grace and Frankie” and the high-concept, strong IP based Emmy Nominated sci-fi series “Altered Carbon.”
About Skydance Media
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, and interactive platforms. Its feature films include Annihilation, Geostorm, Life , Jack Reacher: Never Go Back, Star Trek Beyond, Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation, Terminator Genisys, Star Trek Into Darkness , World War Z, G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Jack Reacher, Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol and True Grit. Skydance’s next feature film to release is Mission: Impossible – Fallout on July 27, 2018. In 2017, Skydance formed an animation division to develop and produce a slate of high-end feature films and television series in partnership with Spain’s Ilion Animation Studios. Skydance Television launched in 2013 and its current slate includes Emmy-nominated Grace and Frankie on Netflix, Altered Carbon on Netflix, Jack Ryan on Amazon, Condor on AT&T Audience Network, and Dietland on AMC. Skydance Interactive launched in 2016 to create and publish original and IP-based virtual reality video games. Skydance Interactive’s first original title is Archangel, a story-driven VR shooter.
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 130 million memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.