JAMIE FOXX AND JOSEPH GORDON-LEVITT TO CO-STAR IN NETFLIX’S UNTITLED JOOST/SCHULMAN SCI-FI PIC
- The untitled project will be directed by long-time collaborators Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman (Catfish, Paranormal, Nerve)
- The sci-fi script is written by Mattson Tomlin (Boy, A Deconstruction of Reality)
- Eric Newman and Bryan Unkeless’ Screen Arcade will produce as part of their first look deal with Netflix
- Academy Award Winner Jamie Foxx and Emmy Award Winner and Golden Globe nominee Joseph Gordon-Levitt will co-star
- Foxx is currently filming the courtroom drama, Just Mercy opposite Michael B. Jordan and Brie Larson for director, Destin Cretton. He has Robin Hood up next for Lionsgate- release date is November 21, 2018 opposite Taron Egerton. And his show “Beat Shazam” that he executive produces and hosts has just been renewed by Fox for a 3rd season.
- Gordon-Levitt can next be seen in the independent thriller, 7500. Written and directed by Patrick Vollarth, the film centers on an airline hijacking as desperate fear of the unknown undermines both hijacker and pilot.
BRYAN UNKELESS BIO
Bryan Unkeless most recently produced the three-time Academy Award nominated film I, Tonya, starring Margot Robbie and Allison Janney and directed by Craig Gillespie. His film First Match, which he produced for Netflix, won the Audience Award at SXSW earlier this year. Prior to forming his own venture, Bryan served as a co-producer on “The Hunger Games” franchise, which he shepherded over his nine years at Nina Jacobson’s company, Color Force.
ERIC NEWMAN BIOEric Newman is a veteran film and television writer/producer whose film productions include the Academy Award®-nominated Children of Men, Zack Snyder’s reimagining of Dawn of The Dead, The Last Exorcism, and In Time. The deal represents a strengthening of Newman’s relationship with Netflix after having first brought them Hemlock Grove, the service’s second original program produced, and following that up with Netflix’s critically acclaimed, global hit series Narcos, which he conceived, packaged, and brought to the streaming service in 2014 and on which he continues to serve as writer, show-runner, and executive producer.