CHRIS MCKAY TO DIRECT “REBORN” BASED ON THE COMIC-BOOK SERIES BY MARK MILLAR & GREG CAPULLO FOR NETFLIX
- The Millarworld comic book Reborn is in development at Netflix as a feature film.
- Netflix acquired Millar’s company, Millarworld in 2017 and since then has been developing projects with Mark and Lucy Millar.
- Director: Chris McKay (The Lego Batman Movie, Robot Chicken)
- McKay is most notably known for his work on The Lego Movie franchise having directed The Lego Batman Movie and produced The Lego Ninjago Movie. He is currently in post-production on The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part which he will Executive Produce. McKay’s TV credits include directing Robot Chicken for Cartoon Network.
- Logline: Where do we go when we die? What’s waiting for us on the other side? Eighty-year old Bonnie Black finds out when she passes away in a Manhattan hospital and opens her eyes in the world of Adystria, a magical land of monsters and dragons where good and evil are waging an eternal war. Reborn in the prime of her life, she finds all her old friends and loved ones waiting… except the husband who died before her. Armed with a sword and partnered with her late father, she sets off through this battle-torn landscape on a quest to find out where he is.
- Producers: Sandra Bullock, and Roy Lee and Miri Yoon for Vertigo Entertainment
- Executive Producers: Mark Millar and Greg Capullo
- Co-Producer: Samantha Nisenboim
About Mark Millar and Millarworld
Millarworld, a subsidiary of Netflix, is an entertainment company run by Mark and Lucy Millar. Millarworld’s comic book franchises, like Wanted, Kingsman, Reborn, Empress, Kick-Ass, Jupiter’s Legacy, American Jesus and many others, have achieved huge success as global franchises ranging across publishing, cinema, clothing, video-games and toys over the past fourteen years. In his years at Marvel, Mark wrote some of the biggest-selling books of this generation, massively influencing the Marvel Cinematic Universe. His book, The Ultimates, was named by Time Magazine as Comic Book Of The Decade and his Superman opus, Red Son, remains the best-selling Superman graphic novel of all time.