BELÉN ATIENZA, SANDRA HERMIDA AND JESÚS DE LA VEGA TO PRODUCE ALMA, A YOUNG ADULT SUPERNATURAL DRAMA CREATED AND DIRECTED BY SERGIO G. SÁNCHEZ
- Logline: After surviving a bus crash that kills most of her classmates, Alma awakes with no memories of the incident or her past. Her parents seem like strangers and her home is a place filled with secrets and mystery. She gets the growing suspicion that everyone around her is lying, trying to turn her into someone else. Trapped in a world that doesn’t feel her own, she must unravel the events that led to the accident before her true identity vanishes forever.
- Writers: Sergio G. Sánchez (Marrowbone, The Orphanage ) Teresa de Rosendo (Sweet Home, U.C.O.) and Paul Pen (The Light of the Fireflies, The Warning).
- Producers: Belén Atienza (Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Marrowbone), Sandra Hermida (Arde Madrid, Marrowbone) and Jesús de la Vega (Intruders, Hierro)
- Quote Belén Atienza, Sandra Hermida and Jesús de la Vega: It is a joy and a privilege for us to be joining forces with Netflix to bring to the screen Sergio’s unique and groundbreaking universe. People all around the world will be thrilled and inspired by a harrowing storytelling that springs genuine emotions from the darkest places.
- Quote Sergio G. Sánchez: Alma explores my favourite themes; the journey from childhood to maturity, the threshold between life and death, the emotional space where fantasy merges with reality. Only this time within a broader canvas that will give me the opportunity to expand the narrative into multi layered, intertwined storylines with a bigger spectrum of characters. It’s going to be very exciting to bring this rich universe to life and I’m thrilled that Netflix is giving me the chance to reach a global audience with a Spanish language series that is deeply rooted in my own obsessions as a storyteller.
- Episodes: 10 episodes 50’ each
- Principal photography & global release on Netflix: 2020