Anticipated Reboot of Fan Favorite Series Mystery Science Theater 3000 will be Available on Netflix in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK and Ireland in the “Not-Too-Distant Future”
- The new season of Mystery Science Theater 3000 will be available exclusively on Netflix in the U.S., Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia and New Zealand.
- Original creator Joel Hodgson will be joined by comedian Jonah Ray (“Jonah Heston”) as the new host and Felicia Day (Geek & Sundry) as “Kinga Forrester.” Joel McHale and Dan Harmon have attached as writers. Additionally, Mary Jo Pehl (“Pearl Forrester”), Bill Corbett (“Crow T. Robot”) and Kevin Murphy (“Tom Servo”) from the original cast will reprise their roles in the new series.
- Elliott Kalan, Emmy-winning former head writer of The Daily Show, will serve as the new head writer on the revival.
- A Kickstarter starter campaign, spearheaded by Hodgson and Shout! Factory, surpassed the goal of funding the production of 14 new episodes and set the world record as the highest-funded film and TV crowdfunding campaign in history.
- Mystery Science Theater 3000’s national broadcast life began in 1989. Set on the Satellite of Love where a human host is trapped by mad scientists with his two robot sidekicks and forced to watch an endless run of B movies. The format proved to be popular, and during its eleven years and 198 episodes on the Comedy Channel and Sci-Fi Channel, it attained a loyal fan base and critical acclaim, including a Peabody Award and two Emmys® nominations.
- The new season of Mystery Science Theater 3000 is executive produced by Joel Hodgson, Richard Foos, Bob Emmer, Garson Foos, Jonathan Stern, Harold Buchholz and Elliott Kalan, along with Satellite of Love, LLC, Alternaversal Productions and Abominable Pictures.