Netflix ISP Speed Index for April 2019
Here are the highlights from the April data for the Netflix ISP Speed Index, our monthly update on which Internet Service Providers (ISPs) provide the best prime time Netflix streaming experience.
In speed increases this month, Turkey’s Türk Telekom continued its gains from March with the largest increase on the index. The ISP experienced an increase of 0.48 Megabits per second (Mbps) to bring its average monthly speed to 3.06 Mbps, up from 2.58 Mbps last month. These gains and others contributed to Turkey rising five spots to 42nd in our country rankings (from 47th in March).
Other ISPs experiencing gains this month include:
- PLDT in the Philippines, reaching a 2.43 Mbps monthly average (from 1.99 Mbps in March),
- Vectra in Poland, increasing its monthly speed average to 4.00 Mbps (from 3.69 Mbps),
- AKTA in Romania, gaining to a 3.68 Mbps monthly average (from 3.37 Mbps) and
- Meganet in Venezuela, increasing its average to 1.84 Mbps (from 1.54 Mbps).
In April’s country rankings, countries experiencing moves include:
- Israel rising five spots to 12th (from 17th in March),
- Belgium dropping six spots to 16th (from 10th),
- Thailand jumping five spots to 21st (from 26th) and
- Poland rising five spots to 31st (from 36th).
The Netflix ISP Speed Index is a measure of primetime Netflix performance on a particular ISP and not a measure of overall performance for other services/data that may travel across the specific ISP network. Faster Netflix performance generally means better picture quality, quicker start times and fewer interruptions. To test your internet speed, visit http://FAST.com on any internet browser or download the FAST Speed Test iOS or Android app.
Bao Nguyen is a member of the Netflix communications team.