Get By This Summer with a Little Help from Netflix
If your house is like mine, summer is a time when routines go out the window and entertaining the kids can feel like a bigger job than usual. This summer, we’ve got a whole new exclusive lineup of shows and movies to keep your little ones entertained. They might even learn a thing or two (shhh, we won’t tell them if you don’t).
As a dad of three girls under the age of 10, it’s important to me that Netflix remains a safe environment for kids and has a rich variety of shows and movies for the whole family. This year alone, we’ve doubled our investment in our original series for kids. We have incredible partners like Disney, Pixar, DreamWorks Animation, The Jim Henson Company, Scholastic, Lego and many more, creating content for our members. And I’m excited to announce that the beloved Llama Llama books are being turned into a TV series exclusively for Netflix. Be sure to get your red pajamas ready by Fall 2017.
To date, we’ve launched more than 20 new original series that kids all over the world are enjoying. This summer, we’re bringing you 10 more all new series and more than 10 new seasons of your kids’ favorites like All Hail King Julien, Masha and the Bear, Project MC2, Puffin Rock, Dragons: Race To The Edge and Ever After High. We’re also the exclusive streaming home to three of the biggest family movies from the past year - Minions, Goosebumps and Hotel Transylvania 2.
Just last week, we announced a series that we’re especially looking forward to in my house: Julie’s Greenroom, created by and starring the incomparably talented Julie Andrews, which will debut in January. And before the year is over, we’ll be launching Trollhunters, an epic adventure for the whole family and the first time Guillermo del Toro has made an animated TV series.
So before you get back to packing summer camp lunches or planning trips to the beach, take a look at this list below to see what might become a new favorite in your home this summer.
- The Deep (available now): The whole family will enjoy following the Nekton family’s underwater adventures and learning about the ocean and deep sea life.
- Voltron: Legendary Defender (June 10): Five unlikely heroes and their flying robot lions unite to form the mega-powerful Voltron and defend the universe from evil in this reimagination of the classic Voltron.
- Justin Time GO! (June 24): Justin and his best friends Olive and Squidgy set off on fantastical adventures throughout time, told from every corner of the world.
- Word Party (July 8): From The Jim Henson Company, four adorable animal babies bring kids along as they learn new skills, with a special focus on new words and language acquisition.
- Home: Adventures with Tip and Oh (July 29): The galaxy’s dynamic duo are back in this jam-packed series with outrageous laughs and tons of heart.
- Beat Bugs (August 3): Introduce your kids to the iconic music of The Beatles as five adorable, charming young bugs have adventures and learn life lessons in stories inspired by the songs of The Beatles.
- The Little Prince (August 5): Share one of the most beloved stories of all time - following the Little Girl whose life is forever changed when she meets her eccentric, kind-hearted neighbor, The Aviator. The Aviator introduces her to The Little Prince, and a world where anything is possible.
- Ask the StoryBots (August 12): Follow the adventures of five curious little creatures who track down the answers to kids' biggest questions, like how night happens or why we need to brush our teeth.
- Bottersnikes & Gumbles (August 19): Based on the books, the comedy series follows the adventures of three young Gumbles, Tink, Bounce and Willi, as they bounce about and play while avoiding getting tin-canned by their lazy and grumpy neighbors the Bottersnikes.
- Kazoops (September 2): Monty and his pet pig Jimmy Jones are on a quest to challenge adult preconceptions about life through the power of his imagination.
- Kulipari: Army of Frogs (September 2): Based on NFL player Trevor Pryce’s trilogy series of books, the series follows Darel, a young frog who dreams of joining the Kulipari. With the help of a motley crew of friends, Darel has the chance to become the warrior of his dreams.
A Dad (& Director of Kids Content Acquisition)